As fashion changes through every season and collection, the industry’s logistics dynamics has evolved. New trends, new needs arise in operations as customers’ needs increase. Years ago, garments were basically set on hangers. Currently operations require combined technologies, with Flat systems (folded, packed and labeled products), seeking headway in handling, accuracy and precision in order picking and delivery speed.
Integrated intralogistics solutions are essential to operations with the following characteristics:
- High service levels, high end-customer expectations;
- Accuracy in the dispatch and delivery;
- Items of varied sizes, weights, and formats;
- Increasingly more frequent orders but with fewer items;
- Known or unexpected demand peaks;
- Seasonality and Campaigns;
- Critical routing need at different levels;
- Reverse logistics.